Felipe is a partner at Rathod Mohamedbhai LLC. His practice focuses on civil rights and employment discrimination. His entire career has been dedicated to protecting and enforcing the rights of employees in the workplace.
Prior to joining Rathod Mohamedbhai LLC, Felipe spent five years representing individual whistleblowers and employees in Washington, D.C., and secured multimillion-dollar whistleblower awards for several clients.
Felipe has represented clients in cases involving claims brought under whistleblower reward programs with the Internal Revenue Service, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, in cases involving fraud against the U.S. government, as well as in retaliation cases before the U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board.
In law school, Felipe served as an articles editor on the Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review, and also participated in the school’s Poverty Law Clinic, where he helped several clients successfully challenge the denial of disability benefits.
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, J.D, 2011
- Dean’s Scholar Prize, Constitutional Law
- Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri, B.A., Biology and American Studies, 2007
- Lynne Cooper Harvey Scholar
- Spanish (fluent)
- German (fluent)
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Board Member, Colorado Hispanic Bar Association (2020-2021)
- Board Member, Secretary, CBR YouthConnect (2019-2021)
- Board of Governors, Colorado Bar Association (2019-2020)
- Section 1983, Senate Bill 217, and the Future of Civil Rights Practice in Colorado, Trial Talk, October/November 2020
- Section 1983 Litigation, Pueblo County Bar Ass’n (February 2021)
- Employee Rights During COVID-19, University of Denver (June 2020)
- Police Misconduct, University of Denver Civil Rights Summit (February 2019)
- New York
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Tax Court