Andrea is a founding partner at Rathod | Mohamedbhai LLC. Her practice is exclusively in the areas of plaintiff’s employment discrimination, constitutional civil rights litigation, and immigration. She advocates for the rights of employees in the workplace, and for the civil rights of all individuals against governmental and institutional abuses of power.
Throughout her education and career, Andrea has developed a penchant for contract interpretation, as well as for social justice. As a first generation Brazilian-American, Andrea’s unique voice makes her an effective advocate for her clients and adds perspective to an increasingly diverse legal landscape. Andrea frequently volunteers much of her own time to assisting economically-disadvantaged individuals with immigration and other legal matters.
Prior to joining Rathod Mohamedbhai LLC, Andrea was a senior associate at Denver-area law firm, where her practice focused on commercial litigation, insurance bad faith and construction defect defense. While there, Andrea oversaw litigation and trial strategy for multifaceted construction defect cases, and she also successfully defended several appeals. She regularly worked close with Spanish-speaking clientele to ensure that their narratives were not misunderstood. Andrea left behind a partnership opportunity to help open Rathod Mohamedbhai LLC.
Notwithstanding her early career focus in commercial litigation, Andrea consistently used her foreign language skills in the litigation context, working with Spanish-speaking subcontractors and even representing a former manager against a Portuguese-speaking professional basketball player. In another matter, she represented a well-known pen company against a Brazilian buyer, relating to an unscrupulous sales transaction. Andrea’s ability to represent litigants from multiple cultures, in multiple languages, across a broad array of practice areas make her a powerful advocate for our clients.
Following law school, Andrea served as a law clerk to the Honorable Herbert L. Stern III for the 2nd Judicial District of Colorado.
Notable Jury Verdicts & Publicly Available Settlements
- Confidential Minors v. Cherry Creek School District (education / sexual assault), $11.5 million
- Jessica Hernandez v. Denver Police Department (excessive force), $1 million
- Baltazar et al. v. Vail Run Resorts (employment discrimination), $1 million.
Pro Bono Activities
- We the People – The Citizen and Constitution Program (Judge, 2019)
- 7th Annual Rocky Mountain Immigration & Naturalization Litigation Conference, Immigration-Related Civil Rights Litigation (Presenter, 2018)
- Mexican Consulate in Denver – Labor Rights Week and Immigration Clinic (2017 – present)
- Heritage Camps for Adoptive Families (Presenter, 2016 – present)
- Colorado Advocacy in Action Conference (Presenter, 2016)
Areas of Practice
- Civil Rights
- Employment Law
- Immigration Law
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- University of Miami School of Law, cum laude, Juris Doctorate, 2001
- University of Colorado at Boulder, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 1997
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association